Manipal Medical College of Medical Science (MCOMS)
Manipal College of Medical Science (MCOMS) Nepal is one of the premier institutions of Nepal, offering programs in medicine. It was established in 1994 as first private medical college of Nepal and was born out of the vision to build global leadership in human development, education and health core partnerships and o “Health for all” mission.
Rated amongst the best college of Nepal, Manipal College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS) is and ideal centre of learning for medical studies. MCOMS is o modern campus with all conveniences, state-of-teaching aids and well equipped labs. MCOMS is also a cultural hum of activity as students form many different countrieas coverage to take advantage of the exceptional faculty, holistic curriculum and innovative teaching methods.
Manipal Teaching Hospitals: The 750 bed capacity Manipol Teaching Hospitals (MTH) is a 7 storey s, building with a total built up area of 5 lakh sq ft. It is magnificent edifice, blending modernity with the traditional Nepal style of architecture. The outpatient services were inaugurated in September 1998 and inpatient services started in January 1999, with modern diagnostic facilities and support services for secondary and tertiary level medical problems. MTH has been constructed with a futuristic approach laying emphasis on the space required for teaching program for the undergraduates, postgraduates and allied health manpower. Manipal Teaching Hospital set up with state of the art facilities for superior medical education and healthcare.
Courses offered: MD| MBBS | Nursing
- Establishment of undergraduate medical degree program in 1994 with an annual intake of 100 admissions
- Affiliation with the Kathmandu University with effect from 31stDecember 1994
- Commencement of the 750-bedded Manipal Teaching Hospital in 1998
- Full and permanent recognition by the Nepal Medical Council on 6thAugust 1999
- Recognition by the Sri Lankan Medical Council on 24th August 1999
- Listing of college in the WHO directory of Accredited Medical Schools enabling the graduates appear for various international licensing exams e.g. USMLE, PLAB etc.
- Recognition by the British Columbia Student Assistance Program (BCSAP) and Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), Canada
- Recognition of the MBBS degree by the Government of India under Section 12(2) of the IMC Act 1956 on 26th September 2001
- Establishment of postgraduate degree programs in Pathology (MD) and other Basic Sciences (MSc) subjects in 2000
- Commencement of allied health sciences (BMLT & BMIT) degree programmes in 2001
- Increase of the annual intake from 100 to 150 in respect of the undergraduate medical degree program (MBBS) in August 2003 split into two batches of 75 each commencing in August and February each year
- Extension of the postgraduate degree programme to Internal Medicine (MD) in 2005
- Extension of the postgraduate degree program to all other disciplines in 2007-2008
- BSc Nursing program commenced with 20 seats in August 2009, enhanced to 30 subsequently
- Merger of the August and February intakes of 75 into one batch of 150 with effect from 1st August 2010.
- Commencement of DM (Cardiology) program in Feb 2013
- Addition of a number of ultra-modern speciality services including NICU, Neuro Surgery, Linear Accelerator, Spiral CT Scan, MRI etc. in the Manipal Teaching Hospital and continuous upgradation of existing hospital services which include addition of latest equipments e.g. Phaco in the Ophthalmology dept, ICU’s equipped with Ventilators and Monitors etc.
- No capitation fee – a remarkable achievement in the field of medical education
- International Students and Faculty Members at the Campus – Since its inception the college has been attracting international students and the number is increasing every year in view of the global teaching standards employed at MCOMS. The college has also been successful in attracting international faculty members.
- A large number of graduates are placed at various prominent international health care institutions after passing out the international medical licensing exams e.g. USMLE & PLAB with scores up to 99%.